3.07.2012

crunchy and colorful salad


I don't have any problems with eating ONLY vegetables for a meal! I love vegetables. When I opened our refrigerator to determine what I would make for lunch today, I discovered a bunch of veggies that needed to be eaten. So... I made this tasty salad.

Crunchy/Colorful Salad Ingredients:

2 Roma tomatoes (Sliced into slivers and then quartered)
2 Celery stalks (Thinly sliced)
1 Carrot (Thinly sliced and quartered. I used an organic purple carrot.. extra color!)
1 Green onion (Thinly sliced and chopped)
1 tbsp Fresh ginger root (Finely chopped)
1 1/2 tbsp Crumbled blue cheese
Sea salt (to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)

The ginger and blue cheese add a nice spunk to the flavor. A little bit of lemon juice or vinegar drizzled over top would finish it nicely as well.

No comments: